Schaumburg is a village located in Cook County in northeastern Illinois, United States. The village is a northwestern suburb of Chicago and is part of the Golden Corridor. Schaumburg is located roughly 28 miles northwest of the Chicago Loop and approximately 10 miles northwest of O’Hare International Airport. As of the 2010 census, the village had a total population of 74,227.
Are you a new resident or thinking of moving to Schaumburg?
Download our Frequently Asked Questions Handout for a list of phone numbers and important information. The Cracker Barrel publications provides current information on what’s happening within our village.
Looking for fun? Schaumburg has activities for everyone. Whether you want to enjoy the miles of biking trails, galleries, shopping, theater, music, baseball or festivals. Schaumburg has it all. For a full list of fun activities and additional visitor information, check out the Meet Chicago Northwest.
- Trickster Art Gallery – the only Native American owned and operated arts institution in Illinois providing a unique contemporary view of Native Arts, cultural education and awareness.
- Schaumburg Township District Library – a 5-star rated library by the Library Journal and the second largest public library in Illinois with more than one million visitors each year.
- Schaumburg Park District – award winning organization providing versatile leisure opportunities through enriching programs and quality facilities, including the hidden 135-acre refuge of Spring Valley Nature Center, which is an outdoor living museum where visitors can learn about nature and local history.
- Schaumburg Regional Airport – public use general aviation airport that is home to approximately 90 aircraft, handling about 35,000 operations a year. The airport features an award-winning restaurant, businesses, flight training and other aviation related businesses.
- Woodfield Mall– providing the finest collection of department stores and specialty shops in the Great Lakes region with nearly 300 stores and restaurants.
- Schaumburg Township District 54
- Palatine Community Consolidated District 15
- Elgin School District U46
- Township High School District 211 includes five high schools, three which serve Schaumburg students
- Harper College, a local community college, is located in Palatine
- University of Phoenix has a campus in Schaumburg at 1500 McConnor Parkway, Suite 700
- The Illinois Institute of Art has a campus in Schaumburg at 1000 N. Plaza Drive, Suite 100
- Argosy University has a campus in Schaumburg at 999 N. Plaza Drive
- Lake Forest Graduate School of Management has a campus in Schaumburg at 1300 E. Woodfield Road
- Robert Morris University has a Graduate School of Management in Schaumburg at 1000 E. Woodfield Road
- Keller Graduate School of Management has a location in Schaumburg at 1051 Perimeter Drive